Saturday, July 23, 2011

"My first post ever!"

Now this is a first for my blog. A guest post! A friend, a regular reader of my blog, and a budding blogger herself wrote this. What she writes will be appreciated especially by fellow students, with our last year in college.. I started writing in school; poetry, short stories, essays. But that soon made way for bloody cold code and that is, in fact, why I set up this blog. For posting code. But as the years went by in college, with the World changing around me, I, ironically, went back to writing what I used to write way back in school. Little posts about friends, dogs and my desires to explore the World. Cheesy as though it may sound, I do explore the World in my own little way even if I cannot afford a trip to England right now. I am incredibly lazy when it comes to posting new posts here.. but then 'bloggers' block' is a problem that I guess every blogger has to face.. I hope everyone enjoys this post as much as I did. And yes, the name.. Deesha! 

I have taken all the time of the world and finally come up with this post..."my frst post ever" :D
yohoo!! :)
All thanks to Sid Singh aka SLm, who felt that "I" could write something
worth sharing on a public forum. :)

So here I go..

Well m in Delhi these days, busy with my industrial training.


I was in the car, was returning home after spending a tiring day at Wipro Infotech..when suddenly a thought crossed my mind..


"this is going to be my last year at college.THIS IS IT.!! "

I mean its not that I didn't know this before, it was just that I somehow realized its meaning at that moment.It then occurred to me
that a beautiful phase was about to wrap up.After this year everyone would part away, each will go in a different direction..will tread on
a different path.

The very thought of not being able to meet Somi and Vipz on a daily basis upsetted me.I felt uneasy.I asked my driver to stop the car.
We were somewhere between Gurgaon and Delhi.I was standing on the highway..blankly gazing at the sky,
was trying my best to understand how three years, 1095 days could pass away at such a fast pace. :|


There are certain things that we know, we have known them from our early childhood but its only when we face them..its then that we actually understand and accept
them.Like everyone else even I was aware of the fact that those three years didn't just pass away in a fraction of seconds, they were complete 1095 days, with each day
having 24 hours and each hour having 3600 seconds, not a moment less not a moment more.Its just that good time flies away really soon or rather we have a mind
that believes this.!!

I want to go back and re-live those three years again but something "sane" inside is telling me that this is practically not possible.I feel helpless
I can very well relate to this feeling..this jittery feeling.I had felt the same way when I was in 12th, at that time I knew that the most innocent phase of my life was
coming to an end.This feeling is exactly the same.."the feeling of ambivalence".

Its not that m too fond of my college or that I love attending college daily.Infact, a few months back I was telling my friend how desperately I wanted this college
life to end.Just to share a little trivia, most of the people in my college want to get out of it as soon as possible but m quite sure that this is
just a momentary thought, because no matter how much we criticize our college, in the end we will miss it. :)
After all we have "lived" some part of our lives here, made some good friends, shared some cherishable moments here on this campus!!


A month before when I had just joined in as a trainee at Wipro Infotech I had an altogether different viewpoint.It was for the first time that I was getting exposed to
the Corporate world, until then I had just read about it in the newspaper and seen about it in the movies.
This new environment was amazing!! I was thrilled to  be there.On my first day, I was excited like a little kid( and I think it was quite evident from my facial expressions.. :P)..

The feeling I had when I wore that "Wipro Access ID Card" for the first time was ultimate, it gave me the "Corporate feel". I felt a part of the organization!!
I was "falling in love" with everything at Wipro Infotech, the huge Campus..the centrally air-conditioned building..the cabins..the data centre..the server room..
the tea rooms..the cafeteria on the top floor..the gardens..the office chairs..the notes sticking at every desk..the IP phones kept almost everywhere..the people
rushing here and there.I so wanted to be there on a permanent basis, I just wished I could skip the last year of my college and join Wipro as an employee.The corporate
life indeed allured me, I was amazed to see things beings implemented practically, I realized I had been an idiot mugging those stupid subjects at college!! :P

But as they say.. "All that glitters is not gold".I discovered this soon. I realized, I was not in "love"..it was just an "infatuation". :P
As the time passed by, I got to know that life here is not easy..not easy at all.All you have to do is work and work and the saddest part is that even though you
give your mind and soul to your work, no one here appreciates your efforts.Everybody is just too engrossed in their own stuff!!.What I had seen in the movies
and read in the newspapers was totally true..the corporate world is a mean mean world.!! :(


Just to enlighten you guys, m a true Piscean (yups..m a "fish" :) ) and we fishes love to live in our own fantasy land, our own dreamy world..where everything is beautiful
and perfect, just like in a fairy tale. :)
And thus this is precisely why I felt like a "fish" out of water when I understood the real "Corporate Culture".

And now that my training is about to end and I have had a taste of corporate life, I clearly know which flavour is better..or yummier!!.Undoubtedly, nothing
matches "school life" but college life is no less exciting, those silly moments spent at college..those completely futile talks...those bunks..sleeping in the class..those
birthday celebrations..copying assignments..those last minute studies..that anxiety before the exams..the ultimate feeling of joy on seeing " CP(0) " on the UPTU site..
those fights and misunderstandings..the photosessions during the lectures..Girl talk with Vipz in the labs..the funny PDPs...the seminars..that ISCL presentation..
the "comipler" ka minor..( haha!! )..that eagerness to attend DAA lectures..DDP sir!! ( :) )..Aww...these moments will be cherished forever!!.Yes, m going to miss you dear
college.



But the good thing is that I still have one more year in hand and m going to make the most of it. I'm going to "live" this last year of b.tech to the fullest.
because now I have seen the world outside this campus and so now I know the importance of "my little corner of the world"..my college world!! and so m gonna "let
myself go" and enjoy each and every moment with my Somi and Vipz :D
With this happy happy thought, I'll end my post now!!.
Eagerly waiting for August 1st, 2011.
Another year of happiness and excitement is waiting for me.Here I come Agra!! :)
Cheers!! :) :)


p.s. A special thanks to Sid without whom this post wouldn't have been possible, because m a "lazy bug" and its only because of his motivation that I dared to write
something for public reading!!.Thanks Sid for having immense faith in me and in my writing skills.I hope I didn't let you down.!!!  


7 comments:

  1. Vipz......
    welll gotta say my Dish Dish...I loved it!!!
    First of all thanks...and second of all I TOLD U SO.....u write very well dear...I think we need to articulate our deal!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ab main kya comment karun.

    :P

    Kafi sweet post tha , halka halka laga meko padh ke.

    And on a serious note you seem better when your excited and happy , nomatter what the reason be.

    You should write more of these.

    Signing off with a headache - <3 Tariq :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow d!sh, dat waz genuinely wOnderfull... :)
    Thnx a lOt!!
    evn i will miss dese dayz a lOt...
    never thOt i wud meet such ppl...
    u galz make my wOrld beautifull.... :)
    i jst luk 4wd 2 spend d last yr in full mast!!! ;)

    ...sOm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well... Deesha.. I see that you've got a sizable fan base.. :-) .. What can I say now? Start writing! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Vipz: thanks hun!!..surely we'll do someethng about that "deal" :) :)

    @Tariq: Arigato dost!! :)
    i hope ur head is not spinning now..take care yr!!

    @Somi: thnks yr!!..blessed to hv yu in lyf!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sid Sir: :)
    its all because of ur immense faith nd motivation..thanks for being so supportive nd positive..wht can i say?..the sweetest people on this planet are my friends..alwyzz there to encourage me..i'll "try" to follow ur advice.. :)
    bt yu gotta hlp me..Sir..yu r too gud nd m jus too mediocre!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not true! I just write what I want or what I'm thinking.. I ain't that good.. :P :D

    ReplyDelete