Thursday, January 28, 2010

The IVth Semester starts tomorrow...

College starts tomorrow.
Entering into a new semester is like entering into a new year. We make improbable resolutions, we vow not to lose our cool on absolutely anything, we setup a new schedule. Of course, its more important to have fun while planning all this instead of actually doing all this.

I just can't wait to get back to my class in the college as soon as possible. We have had enough holidays. I've finished Fallout3 and am almost done with that movie I was making. I need more photographs now.

Too bad I couldn't go to Dehradun. But I'm happy that I was able to persuade a couple of my pals to come with me on a little trip to Delhi. It was fun. Now I'm planning a trip to Jaipur, my favourite city, in March. I figured that we'll be needing such a trip in the middle of the semester. The middle of the semester is when one tends to be most depressed.





These were a fun two weeks.. 3 Idiots has revived my interest in studies.
The only regret that I have is that I wasn't able to attend the Jaipur Literature Festival. If going there meant skipping all other plans, I would have done so. Check out this article to see what the fuss is all about.
I plan to attend the festival next year, armed with my camera and copies of 'In Xanadu' and 'From the Holy Mountain'..

And yeah, I missed Avatar. Several plans made by my pals were cancelled because of me wanting to see the movie in digital 3d. In an Imax. I'm going with my family to Nashik (and perhaps Mumbai) in a couple of weeks.. so I may get to see the movie in full 3d in an Imax after all.

The third semester didn't turn out to be all that I wanted it to be on the studying front (On the other fronts, its an entirely different story).. yet I remain optimistic about the future. And once you've laid your eyes on a couple of things (Apple laptops and 'other' lap-tops), why wouldn't you be optimistic?



Let me end this post with a photograph I found buried deep within my computer.. It was snapped by me in the first semester of the first year in college. In the first few weeks. On our first bunk.


4 comments:

  1. i cn guess ur "improbable resolutions" must b abt hw u r going to make 4th semester better on the studying front

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah.. but isn't that what everyone thinks?? (and by everyone, I don't mean you)

    ReplyDelete
  3. But there are quite a lot of improbable resolutions and not everyone of them is about studying...

    ReplyDelete
  4. no.. i don't think so.. i can guess some of ur other improbable resolutions.. best of luck fr them...

    ReplyDelete