Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Books Around Me.

Strange though as it may seem, this actually isn't the greatest time that I have had between posts on this blog. I have spent far greater periods of time living my life, looking around, and observing.. just enough for that next post here. You know, this is a strange time, this one. The Final Year of my undergrad studies.


I seem to have rediscovered my appetite for reading in the past one and a half month or so. Right now I've got around me 'The Mughal World' by Abraham Eraly, 'The Ascent of Man' by Jacob Bronowski (This one has got to be right up there with my all time favorites, a phenomenal book), 'The Invisible Man' by H.G. Wells, 'Steve Jobs - A Biography' by Walter Isaacson, 'Pakistan - A Hard Country' by Anatol Lieven and I'll be getting 'Unmasking The Face: A Guide to Recognizing Emotions From Facial Expressions' by Paul Ekman in a couple of days. Then there was 'A Game of Thrones' by George R.R. Martin and 'The Discovery of India' by Jawaharlal Nehru.
I hop from one paragraph on the Mughal court to another on Direwolves, and to yet another on Nawaz Sharif and I fall asleep somewhere in between. Thats how I have been going to sleep these days. The last time I splurged this much on books, I was in Class VI or VII and as far as I can remember, them books were all Archies' and those pint sized Jules Verne classics.

Coming back to 'The Ascent of Man', this is one book that I would want all of my pals to read. Absolute brilliance. So, listen up. If you've got a birthday coming up and if you ask me to get you a gift. This book is what you'll be getting. I don't give a fuck if you'd rather have something else. :P

Inserting a random thought here, its been some time since my last video. They're all priceless though. And I reckon will be worth quite a bit of laugh when all of us grow up (Yes. Even more.)

The Books Around Me.

Update: I forgot. I've also got Mohammed Hanif's 'Our Lady of Alice Bhatti' lying around. I haven't started reading it but given Hanif's previous book 'A Case of Exploding Mangoes', I sure do have high hopes for this one.

2 comments:

  1. The books must be rlly interesting coz dey've resulted in making Sid finally update his blog after a loooong tym.. I hav'nt read anything since ages.. including d syllabus books.. i'll be home soon.. so finish dem off n exams,etc. lets catch up fr other stuff!! -shubh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaao yaar Shubham yaar tum jaldi Agra... karenge plan ek Paulians' Meet.. :)

    And thanks' for the comment.. Ek do din mein aur post karunga.. Ab to tum bhi blog start kardo yaaarrrr... :P

    ReplyDelete