Friday, February 26, 2010

And so begins the Holi fortnight...

The two weeks ahead of me make up what I call the Holi fortnight. The preparations have begun.

There are parties to be held. Places to be booked. Books to be bought. Girls to be forgotten. Gulaal to be collected. And if you're in HCST, and if you're walking around without holding the shredded remains of your uniform in your hands, well... you're in for a special treat. All I can say to you is this: just stay clear of the canteen and the hostels.


Holi couldn't have come at a better time. I need something to keep myself busy. I don't want anytime to sit down and actually think. Because when I think, I needlessly harm myself. Psychologically. I need to get over a few things. You see, the people who know me will vouch for the fact that I'm not particularly good at making small talk. In fact, I fucking suck at making small talk. Not being able to do so is a big handicap for me because small talk is what binds everyone, its what breaks the ice, its what 'informalizes' the meeting.

I am a computer science engineer. I always have been. When Dad bought me a Pentium 133 Mhz processor somewhere in December 1997, I knew then that I was a techie at heart. Most people don't seem to appreciate this technology. I can't stand those people who seem to take all this around them as granted. Behind all that Facebooking and movies and whatnot, they fail to see the staggering amount of work and time that has gone into it. There's decades and decades of work in there. Done by people like you and me. I would love to go back in time and be a part of the atmosphere that existed in Palo Alto in the Sixties and Cupertino and Redmond in the Seventies and Eighties and Mountain View and Tokyo in the Nineties.




My problem is that I don't see the World and the society to be very complex. Unlike most of my pals, I see simple decisions and not fucking inter-webs of emotions. I like to think that my brain works like the Intel 8086 microprocessor that I'm studying (of course, my brain's much, much faster and so is yours) these days. I dream up of a program in Assembly code and just execute it. Nowadays, I'm looking for ways to create that Deletion program in my head. Honestly, sometimes my pals look at me as if they're wanting to ask me, "Hey.. Sid? Are you a Buddhist or just fucking schizophrenic?" Enough of this crap, for now.

Holi's the best way to catch up with old pals, if you want to do any catching up, that is.
The last day in college before the Holidays was simply insane. I was lucky to reach home with only a torn pocket and some missing buttons. Others, however, were not as lucky. But the environment was awesome. Simply awesome. Even the wardens would agree with me. I shook hands with people I hadn't met since the first semester.


Enjoy your Holi. Have Fun'

0 comments:

Post a Comment