Friday, July 13, 2012

All that great stuff.


College got over, so that’s that.

But thats not what this post is about. This post is about Justine Shapiro. Ian Wright. The rest of the team. This post is about Lonely Planet.
Do you remember that totally awesome theme music being played out on some kind of an Australian reed element? It was magnificent. Its one of those things that just brings back all those years for me.


The wonders of travel. I always think about Justine and Ian whenever I’m out of Agra, traveling. Yes my passport’s all blue and empty, unlike Justine’s. Yes, I've never been to Calcutta, let alone Mongolia unlike Ian. But I’m getting there. Aah to be a Lonely Planet anchor... The best, the very best job in the Universe! That spirit of adventure; exotica in the foreign lands; the countless photographs. Memories for a lifetime!


This post is all old photographs and music. My school. This was Easter, I think. And ol' Chaman was kind enough to let me in. The Church brought back a lot of memories for me. That blue uniform, the yellow badge. What I'm going to do tomorrow (today) is that I'll go up to the Office, and buy me self a dozen of those badges. What awesome days! Agra was a different city then. I don't like to get all "wish those days were back". Thats depressing. Awesome days will remain awesome forever. And you know, we can't go back. We'll ruin the time space continuum, rip apart the very fabric of nature and maybe, maybe we'll ruin those awesome days. And then the present me won't even have those awesome memories because the time traveling me would have ruined those for me. :-P


Those comics. Archie Andrews. I used to float around, with a part of me in Riverdale with these people. I'd take Veronica Lodge, Betty Cooper, and Jughead Jones over those over priced graphic novels' any day. I've started buying these comics again. And soon, I'll have a collection to rival my earlier collection (which I sold/gave away.) 


I'm getting into a routine from tomorrow (today) and so I posted this post cause some of these photos needed posting. Cheers'

6 comments:

  1. Cheers!! For all dose awesome tymes.. n thank u sid fr d short n sweet holiday dat i had in agra.. although nt a grand one bt still we met sum ppl n went places.. hope d next one will be bttr.. keep writing!! Enjoy.. -shubh

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahaan!!..this is a very light and cute post sid! :)
    I agree wid you..we ol hv our own set of 'awesome school memories' which we will cherish forever...your post took me back to my days at St.Patrick's ..thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks' Saurabh! Ab bhai Diwali pe party karenge.. :P

    Deesha! School was awesome indeed! All those photos and pranks.. St.Pauls was such a great experience for me as St.Patricks was for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. kyun? Diwali pe aesa kya hone waala hai?? beta, meri chhutti ka agle 1 yr tak koi scene nhi hai.. Tu is side aaja tujhe party karata huun.. aur tu bahut pitne waala hai.. call kar!! -shubh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arey c'mon yaar, tere ko poore saal 365/34/7 thodi na kaam karwaayenge... even you'll get a break don't worry! Aur bhai wish kar to diya tha tere budday pe! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. tera 1 day = 34 hrs.. gud yaar.. haan.. lets c.. i might get 1 next yr.. pitne to tu waala hai kisi aur reason ke liye.. ab milke hi baat ho sakti hai us baare mein..

    ReplyDelete