Monday, July 2, 2012

BAF.

BAF. I got this from the Urban Dictionary (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=baf). Its an acronym for Bored As Fuck. But, as the Urban Dictionary points out, its also an acronym for Busy As Fuck. No points for guessing which BAF word applies on me, your friendly neighborhood Computer Science Engineer.


3rd June was my last day in HCST. A practical exam, Software Engineering, I think. Less than a month has elapsed and I'm already starting to forget the names of the subjects. But yes, that was my last day in college. This tree-less campus had been the epicenter of my life since 2008 and as our official farewell had been a disaster (for me), 3rd June was a much better, and a much needed farewell.

It was a nice little farewell, with scribbling and whatnot. A little anti-climactic perhaps, for an event marking the end of eight semesters, but perfectly fine otherwise. The heat was unbelievable, though.
For all its shortcomings, I know that none of us will ever be able to get this college out of our heads.

And from then onward, it has all been about sleeping, or eating. Or when the temperature's tolerable after 6:30, venturing out... to the nearest pizza outlet. Domino's, in my case, the *only* pizza outlet around for miles.

And reading. I've now got books on probably every topic stacked on my table. India's Struggle for Independence. Check. The Meadow (On a kidnapping in Kashmir, militancy in general). Check. The Human Story. Check. And so it goes.


I went to Delhi for a couple of days to break this fuckin' routine. And while it was good break, the heat almost killed me. But, on the bright side, I went to places like Teen Murti Bhavan, Indira Gandhi Smriti, Ghalib's Memorial in Old Delhi (the place where he spent his last years), National Science Center (which we stumbled upon while searching for Bhairon Mandir). And of course, TOT. Places like these are what endear Delhi to me. This is how I judge a city. Not by its malls or cars or people but by its Tots and Ghalib Memorials.

Its a strange feeling, this finishing of our college, this. Sleeping late has lost all of its charm since our farewell. That is probably because now there is no late, or early. We can all be as late or as early as we want. This is a good thing, but pretty boring at times.


But now I've hit upon a great idea. An awesome to-do list that helps keep my mind organized.
I've got an unbelievable to-do list; its got things like
  • "To trek in the Himalayas"
  • "To witness Lath Maar Holi in Barsana"
  • "To meet Katrina Kaif"
  • "To taste warm Sake (a Japanese alcoholic drink)"
  • "To visit the Vatican and listen to the Sistine Chapel Choir"
:-P I know. But, here are some of the lines that I hope to cross off the list soon:
  • "To go to Woodbine School in Kanpur"
  • "To go to Silverbells School in Ghaziabad"
  • "To watch a play"
  • "To join the gym"
  • "To start learning a foreign language"
I've got 98 things in my list, and I've crossed off one line so far.

But this really is a great way to keep track of things you want to do. Great ideas that you would otherwise forget. Try it.

8 comments:

  1. Good one sid...- Disha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dexter!!
    I love the way you express your thoughts..!
    And I can totally relate to this particular post of yours..! ;)

    I never knew I would say this..but I actualy miss college..!..atleast I got to meet you all! :P

    Yaar..!! indeed the last day was special..!..the scribbling, the endless gabbing, filing slam books, fighting for your I-Pad, etc etc..!! :P
    Undoubtedly it was a memorable day! :)
    That day I discovered your "love" for Katrina Kaif ...RAS KI HOLI..remember..haha!! ;)

    Nd you will be amazed to know that even I have prepared a to-do list..obviously the things listed on my list are way different from the ones on your list..! :P

    But yes, even I m Bored As Fuck!
    Sleep - Eat - Read ..defines my shedule! :P

    As olwyzz it was a pleasure reading your post!..yu write really well..!! :)
    Keep up the good work..nd Keep writing..'coz we all love to read your posts! :D

    p.s. the last day of college was 1st June..Artificial Intelligence Practical! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katrina Kaif? Now, who would've guessed that, :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks' Disha!

    Thanks' deesha! See.. hardly a month has passed and I've already forgotten the date of the practical! :P
    Ab yaar college to nikal gaya, bas agar centrally air conditioned hota HCST to maze aa jaate 4 saal. :D
    This list making *is* a good idea.
    Ab kya bolein Katrina ke baare mein.. jitna bolu kam hai. :P

    Varun Jain, yes.. who would've guessed that? :P
    (btw, how did you find this blog? :P)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so.. finally.. u've written.. gud.. baaki sab to thik hai.. bas yeh bta.. next week ka kya plan hai.. rather to-do.. kuch toofani kartein hain.. wassay?? -shubh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haan kuch bhi kar lenge bhai ekdum khaali betha hun main! :D
    Tu aa kab raha hai idhar yeh to bata???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mujhe sab pata hota hai bhai, just that it is upto me when I decide to reveal that I actually know about it, :P

    ReplyDelete